Energy & Commodities
Our passion comes from partnering our clients in building world-class energy & commodities platforms; enabling them to become the market leader in their field.
We specialise in trading and portfolio management; structuring, marketing and origination; executive leadership; corporate development & strategy; private equity investing; as well as quantitative and risk management professionals. Our searches cover the full market spectrum (including hedge funds, merchant trading houses, private equity, corporates (NOCs & IOCs) & investment banks).
The team has 24 years of collective search experience. We have a consistent track-record of delivering senior professionals, working globally and across multiple disciplines.
A sample of our work includes:
- 7 strategic business builds.
- 31 Head Of Business placements since 2008 (including a CRO, COO, Head of European Power Trading, Head of European Gas Trading, Head of US Physical Gas Trading & Origination, Head of International Business Development, Head of Northeast Power Trading, senior oil portfolio manager and multiple senior portfolio managers across precious metals, base metals, agriculture and energy.
- 12 hires for a London based global strategy & business development group for a leading NOC seeking to internationalise and up-skill its Competitor Intelligence, M&A and Corporate Development capability.
- 8 competitor analysis projects focused on the oil, power, gas, metals, agriculture sectors and business development. These involved an in-depth analysis of 10 market leading firms within the commodities space seeking to explain how the businesses were structured, how they had become market leaders, who the key revenue generators were and what gave them their edge in their markets.
- Global deal origination projects across the commodities suite on behalf of clients.
- RSP have also mapped the global mining, oil & gas and oil field services spaces to identify, meet and qualify leading entrepreneurs; in order to allow our client strategic insight into increased deal flow.
I start every search with a global outlook. It is only after we explored options from Asia to America that I feel confident I am delivering a world class solution.
Partner and Business Head for the Energy & Commodities
James is the Partner and Business Head for the Energy & Commodities team at Rice Search Partners. James joined Rice Search Partners in 2006. Prior to this he worked with a peer in the market, Watmough Mallett where he focused on both the Emerging Markets area and subsequently Commodities.
Prior to the joining the Executive Search world, James graduated with an MA in Philosophy and German from New College Oxford in 2001. On completion of his degree, James joined Marsh (MMC) as an Emerging Markets Re-Insurance Broker focussing on Directors’ and Officers’ liability. With Marsh, James worked directly with Latin American energy and utility companies. Following this James moved to Deloitte and Touche.